Outstanding opportunity for a Computer Scientist/Engineer to develop and test Java code. In this role, you will work with a multi-disciplinary team to develop and extend modeling and simulation tools for assisted recognition. Your work will support production of new MS&A capabilities for the US Air Force Research Laboratory, and involves working with subject matter experts in assisted sensor exploitation to develop state of the art UIs and advanced decision aides.
- Develop software architecture components, to include sensor models, test harnesses, and data visualization tools.
- Integrate 3rd-party software into the software architecture.
- Design and implement graphical user interfaces
- Work using Agile development techniques such as Scrum.
- Create code that meets system standards.
- Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S.Citizenship is required.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information: eligible to attain a U.S. DoD Secret security clearance.
- Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline and at least 1 year of related experience. (We have multiple levels associated with this opportunity. Candidates with advanced degrees or varying experience may be considered for alternative classification.)
- Experienced Matlab and Java or C++ programmer (Windows and Linux)Ability to apply technical standards, principles, theories and techniques.
- Creative problem-solving capabilities.Strong math, statistics, and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excellent communicator with ability to prepare and deliver clear presentations on research and development plans, project status, technical issues and results.
- Demonstrated ability and react effectively to time critical situations to achieve project success.
- Ability to travel (minimal travel anticipated, ~ 2 short trips per year).
- We believe an exemplary candidate would also bring:Security+ certification.
- Active Top Secret clearance with SSBI
- Familiarity with Unit Testing Libraries and Source Control using GIT, object oriented development.