The technical architect is accountable for proactively and holistically leading or supporting Enterprise Architecture activities that create deliverables that guide the direction and development for technological responses to disruptive forces and driving targeted business outcomes. Technologies may include data center, infrastructure, cloud, mobile and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies. Technical architects provide the leadership, facilitation, analysis and design tasks required for the development of an enterprise's technical architecture. They create deliverables that help develop target-state guidance (reusable standards, guidelines, individual parts and configurations) for evolving the technical infrastructure across the enterprise in order to enable business strategy and deliver targeted business outcomes. They facilitate and orchestrate the delivery of targeted business outcomes through technical decisions.
- Build Enterprise Mobility Reference Architectures
- Lead the building of standards for various areas of Enterprise Mobility including Mobile Security, Development, Distribution and device strategy
- Lead the design and implementation of the governance, assurance and standards activities associated with ensuring enterprise technology architecture compliance.
- Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with the IT budgeting or other capital planning processes.
- Lead, oversee and facilitate the research, evaluation, and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations for Enterprise Mobility
- Participate in the ARB process and ensure compliance to standards instituted above
- Collaborate with business constituents, other EA team members, project teams and staff in various IT functional areas as needed to fulfill the responsibilities described above.
- Understand, advocate, and augment the business and IT strategies - and, more specifically, EA development and service delivery.
- Be prepared to "sell" the EA process (overall, not just for enterprise technology architecture), its outcome and ongoing results, and to lead the communication or marketing activities needed to ensure enterprise success and use.
Education: College degree (or equivalent experience) with 10+ years of progressive experience in business or IT environment or advanced degree with 8+ years of progressive experience.
Experience: Equivalent experience with 10+ years of progressive experience in business or IT environment or advanced degree with 8+ years of progressive experience.
Computer Skills: Advanced computer skills; assisting with installation programming and maintenance of PC data base applications, writing and executing programs in a production language, or analyzing and designing complex changes to existing systems; software/ hardware architecture experience and expertise.
Communication Skills: Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to interact, influence and work directly with IT and business executives
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Knowledge of many, if not most, aspects of an enterprise technology architecture
- Knowledge of information principles and processes Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Organizationally savvy, with understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate obstacles and politics.
- Ability to balance the long-term (big picture) and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies (such as waterfall, spiral, agile software development, rapid prototyping, incremental, synchronize and stabilize and DevOps).
- In depth understanding and knowledge with ability to define and govern IT standards and controls.
Travel: 6-11 trips per year