Provides an optimal practice environment that ensures the delivery of quality patient care.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Responsible for planning, directing and managing the nursing care delivered to a designated patient population.
- Oversees the 24-hour operation of the patient care unit with accountability for leadership, overall fiscal management, staffing, planning, organizing and controlling.
- Role models proactive, collaborative working relationships across all hospital functions in an interdisciplinary approach to patient care.
- Develops programs, policies, procedures, and standards of care to ensure patients’ nursing care needs are assessed, evaluated and met.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills required (written and verbal English).
- Ability to problem solve, analyze situations, think critically, give constructive feedback and supervise and team with others.
- Ability to develop and manage operating budgets.
- Computer experience.
Education: Graduate of accredited School of Nursing, BSN.
Experience: At least two (2) years recent clinical experience.
License / Certification:
- Current CA RN license required
- BLS within 60 days of hire
- Specialty certificate based on unit.
- Two years of management experience.
- Five years of clinical experience.