- Minimum one (1) year of clinical experience in dosimetry required - OR -
- As a condition of permanent full time employment, a non-certified medical dosimetrist must successfully complete two (2) years of supervised on-the-job training under the direction of a Certified Physicist and pass the examination administered by the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board within four (4) years of date of employment. If this is not accomplished, the employee will be terminated.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working with linear accelerators, high dose rate/remote after loading machines, simulators, block cutting, TLD and diode equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in radiation therapy or in a related field OR certification in radiation therapy.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Certified Medical Dosimetrist (CMD) must be obtained within the first four (4) years of employment.
Demonstrated ability to utilize/apply knowledge of computers, computer treatment planning, planning techniques and procedures; knowledge of radiation physics, dosimetry and State, Federal, and local radiation regulations.