Reports to Manager. Evaluates patients, plans treatment programs and performs physical therapy procedures to restore function, prevent disability, reduce pain and maximize potential and quality of life following disease, injury or surgery.
- MISSION & VISION
- Mission: To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community’s provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
Vision: Our vision is to achieve:
- Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value
- Easy access and convenience
- Outstanding patient experiences
- Ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community
- JOB SPECIFICATIONS
- Education and Experience
- The knowledge, skills, and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree. Physical Therapist licensure in the State of Indiana is required. State issued Driver's License required. Previous acute medical care is beneficial.
- Knowledge & Skills
- Requires familiarity with use of modalities and equipment needed to complete standard treatments offered.
- Requires tact and discretion when working with patients, families, and physicians.
- Maintains current BLS certification.
- Working Conditions
- At risk for occupational exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
- Physical Demands
- Requires the physical ability and stamina (i.e. to walk/stand for prolonged periods of time, push carts/wheelchairs up to 50 pounds, to position/lift patients at a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted, over 35 pounds requires assistance, provide CPR, etc.) to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Sufficient balance and strength necessary in standing to insure patient safety.
- Requires the physical ability to perform activities such as, manual muscle testing, PROM, manual techniques, etc.