Partnership Tax Senior Associate
About the Company:
A dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries. Consistently recognized for its progressive policies and culture of flexibility. Working Mother magazine has named the firm to its annual 100 Best Companies list for 10 consecutive years for developing policies, programs and a corporate culture that supports today’s families. The company also earned a top-five finish in Vault.com’s Vault Accounting 50 ranking of the best places to work in the accounting industry, among other accolades.
The Tax Senior Associate works closely with staff on all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients. The Tax Senior Associate is primarily responsible for reviewing complex individual, trust, partnership, not-for-profit, S corporate, C Corporate, and foreign tax returns; developing and supervising staff, preparing more complex tax returns; and assisting in client management and practice development activities.
- Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects and managing to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on tax projects and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
- Review tax returns prepared by staff and make recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities; gain increasing responsibility in review process.
- Prepare tax returns for more complex individual, trust, partnership, corporate, and foreign tax clients.
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Previous tax return review experience.
- Strong tax accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, consolidated federal tax returns, partnership returns, and combined state tax returns.
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Fast-Tax software, and CCH.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- CPA preferred.
- Two to four years of progressive tax compliance and/or tax consulting experience; experience in public accounting is a plus.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Health, dental, vision and well-being benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) savings and retirement plans
- Educational assistance
- Insurance options, including pet insurance
- Reimbursement plans
- Parental benefits
- Innovative flex time off policy