About the Company:
A dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries. Consistently recognized for its progressive policies and culture of flexibility. Working Mother magazine has named the firm to its annual 100 Best Companies list for 10 consecutive years for developing policies, programs and a corporate culture that supports today’s families. The company also earned a top-five finish in Vault.com’s Vault Accounting 50 ranking of the best places to work in the accounting industry, among other accolades.
The Tax Senior Associate in the State and Local Tax – Income & Franchise group is responsible for the delivery of a full range of tax services for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities include interacting closely with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise; providing primary and secondary review of complex tax returns; developing and managing staff; and working closely with partners and staff on client management, practice development, and business development activities.
- Manage, direct, and monitor multiple client services teams on client engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete tax projects in a wide variety of industries; provide tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients; and manage to budget.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on tax projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Deliver a full range of State and Local Tax services including tax return preparation and review, tax research, preparation of technical memorandums, drafting client correspondence, and counseling client in defending against state audits.
- Conduct primary and secondary review of complicated State and Local tax returns. Review multi-disciplinary, multi-state reviews that analyze income, franchise, sales and use, payroll, valorem taxes, and others to identify optimal filing options, exemptions, credits and incentives, and corporate structures that can reduce the client's tax burden.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA.
- Three to five years of progressive State and Local Tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience.
- State Income/Franchise Tax experience is mandatory, and must be eager to work on a variety of SALT issues.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, and combined state tax returns.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Masters in Taxation, LLM in Taxation, or JD a plus.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Health, dental, vision and well-being benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) savings and retirement plans
- Educational assistance
- Insurance options, including pet insurance
- Reimbursement plans
- Parental benefits
- Innovative flex time off policy