Working in a Regional Cancer Center, you will perform a variety of tasks relating to the treatment of patients. The dosimetrist will assist the medical physicist in procedures dealing with calibrations of related medical equipment. Duties may include, but are not limited to: treatment planning, dose calculations, troubleshooting of treatment machines and patient set-ups, CT simulation supervision, and assisting physicians (where appropriate). The dosimetrist will play an active role in the Quality Improvement program.
- Generate treatment plans by means of computer and/or manual computation to deliver a prescribed dose under a Radiation Oncologist’s supervision.
- Perform calculations and document all pertinent information in the patient’s record
- Assist and troubleshoot issues pertaining to the record and verify system
- Assisting Radiation oncologist in deciding most appropriate treatment technique including defining target volumes and beam arrangements.
- Assess and document critical structures and/or dose limiting structures within the prescribed target volume
- Treatment planning and dosimetry functions; 3 years in field of Radiation Oncology
- CMD Medical Dosimetrist Certification
- Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage that start on your first day
- Retirement program that helps you prepare for your future
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Health Reimbursement and Savings Accounts (HRA, HSA, FSA)
- Health assessment and personal coaching to help you meet your goals
- Incentives for participation in healthy activities
- Caregiver Assistance Program (for employees) offering work/life services, resources and expertise when you need it
- Weight management, tobacco cessation and diabetes programs
- Volunteers in Partnership program to match you with volunteer opportunities that support our communities
- Support for life events such as birth, adoption, marriage or other changes to your family
- Ergonomics and injury prevention to promote safe work environments
- Paid time off
- Disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement to support your education as you tackle your career goals