View all jobs
Electrical Controls EngineerMuscatine, IA · Manufacturing
- Engineering design, development, installation and support
- Designs, develops, and installs new machine control and power systems for the global PCT manufacturing plants
- Provides engineering support for existing PCT manufacturing in North America and South America
- Proposes new programs to keep equipment and processes technologically advanced and leading the industry in product quality, productivity, energy efficiency, environmental responsibility and safety
- Ensures standardization of control systems and components is maintained
- Evaluates existing processes and equipment and recommends modifications and refinements resulting in cost savings, quality and safety improvements
- Interfaces with, global PCT manufacturing plants, tread and mold design group and corporate marketing during new equipment development feasibility study
- Makes informed recommendations for additions and modifications to new and existing equipment required for
- Manufacturing Project Management
- Responsible for reaching agreement with customer on cost, schedule and functionality for each new project
- Plans, organizes and controls projects on a daily basis
- Responsible for meeting project goals on cost, schedule and functionality
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously
- Coordinates the efforts of other engineers, technicians, plant personnel and contractors
- Responsible for coaching/mentoring other engineers and technicians
- Consulting and Communications
- Relates plan of operations and establishes priorities for projects
- Provides liaison between the global PCT manufacturing plants and corporate
- Visits the global PCT manufacturing plants, consult with personnel and make recommendations
- Represents the company in contacts with outside suppliers of equipment, services and systems
- Serves as technical resource to the global PCT manufacturing plant maintenance departments and provides onsite training and field support
- Conveys information to plants on equipment or process improvements in all areas
- Maintenance of Expertise
- Develop and maintain reference documents, technical work instructions and forms in the IMS system
- Attends trade shows, technical seminars, and reads technical publications to keep abreast of the latest technology
- Provides training to other engineers and plant staff
- Technology Development
- Uses experience, knowledge, and creativity to implement ideas for technology development
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities:
- B.S. or foreign degree equivalent in Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or Engineering Physics.
- 7 years of progressively responsible work experience in electrical engineering.
- Advanced PLC & HMI programming experience using Rockwell Automation hardware & software.
- Five years experience in control system design and panel layout.
- In-depth knowledge of modern safety systems and safety circuit design.
- Experience with variable frequency drives (VFDs) and servo motion control.
- Over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
- Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
- Commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates.
- Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.