Reports to the Executive Director or Director and maintains 24 hour accountability in planning, managing, controlling and organizing comprehensive, safe, efficient, and high quality patient care. Assists in the administration of the budgetary functions. The Nurse Manager is responsible for coordinating the daily operations and clinical practice of the assigned service areas. Establishes and maintains standards of care and unit policies and procedures. Consistently demonstrates behaviors that model the SJHS core values and the hospital’s mission statement. Adheres to the ANA Nurse Administration Scope & Standards of Practice.
- BSN or MSN
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience in Acute Care including two years in specialty area.
- Current CA RN license;
- Current BLS
- Depending on specialty area: ACLS, PALS, NRP, monitoring or other certifications as required.
- Within six (6) months of hire, certification in nursing administration, management or specialty area as approved by American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Magnet required upon hire.
- Masters Degree in Nursing or related field
- Management experience preferred
- Second National Certification in specialty area and/or Professional Certification in Nursing Administration or Management, as approved by American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Magnet
- Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage that start on your first day
- Retirement program that helps you prepare for your future
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Health Reimbursement and Savings Accounts (HRA, HSA, FSA)
- Health assessment and personal coaching to help you meet your goals
- Incentives for participation in healthy activities
- Caregiver Assistance Program (for employees) offering work/life services, resources and expertise when you need it
- Weight management, tobacco cessation and diabetes programs
- Volunteers in Partnership program to match you with volunteer opportunities that support our communities
- Support for life events such as birth, adoption, marriage or other changes to your family
- Ergonomics and injury prevention to promote safe work environments
- Paid time off
- Disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement to support your education as you tackle your career goals