The Assistant Corporate Controller is primarily responsible for quarterly SEC reporting, technical accounting research and related implementation; internal financial and brand reporting; and training, development and management of team members with respect to US GAAP accounting and reporting. This key role will review complex transactions to ensure compliance with US GAAP including documenting the Company’s position related to critical accounting matters. The role reports to the Vice President and Corporate Controller.
- Review and oversee the corporate accounting team including lease accounting, pension, stock based compensation, debt, foreign exchange contracts, joint ventures, intercompany and transfer pricing, fixed assets, internal reporting, brand accounting and other accounting matters.
- Supervise the monthly consolidation and reporting process.
- Prepare and coordinate the filing of SEC forms 10-Q and 10-K and other external reporting as required.
- Primary contact person for the external auditors.
- Supervise and review accounting staff work.
- Ensures that internal controls and financial reporting mechanisms prevent inaccuracies in financial statements and ensures compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Research and summarize new accounting pronouncements.
- Present topics and matters to executive management including the CFO and CEO.
- Assist with special project and/or ad hoc reporting.
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 7+ years experience in Finance.
- Public Accounting experience or equivalent industry experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- CPA required.
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Experience in the wholesale/retail industry preferred.