Under minimal supervision and guidance provide product management support to assigned region on pricing, statistical, regulatory and marketing aspects of a given product or state. Responsible for gathering, monitoring, analyzing and interpreting data for assigned product, pricing and marketing areas/business units. Handle moderate to complex assignments. Identify issues and opportunities for enhancements. Use knowledge and experience to take a new perspective on existing solutions to resolve complex problems. Assist in developing recommendations for effective business solutions. Present recommendations for improvements to management.
- Participate in and/or lead portions of projects/processes associated with the implementation of new products, programs, standards and/or procedures. Participate in the development and implementation of rate, rule and policy revisions.
- Research and analyze industry legislation and maintain up-to-date knowledge of new trends and developments that affect property/casualty insurance products/programs. Provide business unit/process support regarding new trends and developments that affect property/casualty insurance/club products/programs.
- May represent the company with vendors, insurance companies and insurance regulatory bodies/club.
- Act as a resource for less experienced staff.
Experience in at least two of the following:
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Business Administration or a related field OR a combination of college coursework and equivalent work experience.
- using PC software applications: Word, Excel, Access, SAS or Adobe Professional
- researching and developing new property/casualty insurance products
- developing property/casualty insurance programs, standards, and procedures
- pricing new/current property/casualty insurance products or statistical work
- underwriting property/casualty insurance products
- marketing or sales of property/casualty insurance products
- adjusting personal and/or commercial lines property/casualty claims
- Researching and developing new property/casualty insurance or telematics programs/products
- Developing property/casualty insurance or telematics programs, standards and procedures.
- Interacting with customers/agents or Sales to understand the need and ensure the product enhancements is aligned with their needs
- Marketing or sales of Property /Casualty insurance or telematics programs.
- Working with technology teams and user experience teams in creating and delivering online/mobile capabilities
Knowledge and Skills:
- techniques, practices, and theories in product, pricing, statistics or marketing
- the role of each department involved in program development and implementation
- market and research concepts and techniques
- reinsurance principles
- ISO or similar rating bureau system
- demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills
- plan, organize, gather, analyze and convert data from numerous sources to satisfy reporting requirements and deadlines
- conduct and coordinate quantitative and qualitative market research
- analyze current products to revise/develop new P&C and membership insurance related programs/coverages
- lead initiatives within projects that have multi-functional, multi-divisional, or company-wide impact
- assist in developing strategies for market penetration
- participate in rate making or policy language analysis and decision-making discussions with product manager
- communicate effectively with others in a work environment to include making presentations to various recipients
- represent the department on inter-departmental teams
- serve as a liaison with operations, information systems, claims, corporate functions, underwriting and product managers regarding product, pricing, or marketing responsibilities
- train and assist junior analysts
- CPCU, IIA, LOMA, CAS or other insurance-related coursework
Knowledge and Skills:
- regulations, policies and procedures of various state insurance regulatory agencies
- become adept at using InDesign or other similar software