Recognized as one of America's leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans. Founded in 1945, their mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of their members and the communities they serve. Currently serving 11.8 million members in eight states and the District of Columbia. Care for members and patients is focused on their total health and guided by their personal physicians, specialists and team of caregivers. Their expert and caring medical teams are empowered and supported by industry-leading technology advances and tools for health promotion, disease prevention, state-of-the art care delivery and world-class chronic disease management.
Establishes standards and provides professional estimating, cost engineering, and project control activities for construction and/or refurbishment projects for hospitals, medical offices, regional buildings and other medical facilities. Responsible for all phases of estimating, cost engineering and project control functions to include but not limited to: budget/feasibility, conceptual, preliminary, and final construction estimates; contractor bid reviews; change order reviews, analyses and negotiations; alternative analyses evaluation; productivity analyses; and use of cost estimating computer technology where applicable. Develops and implements project cost engineering standards and procedures. Establishes the project work breakdown structure.
- Develops, directs and manages KP-wide construction cost engineering, project controls, scheduling and estimating services, methods and systems to support the annual capital budget including construction of new hospitals and medical office buildings and/or modifications to existing KP facilities.
- Monitors quality and timelines of project cost activities such as field estimating, productivity analysis and budget forecasting and provides necessary senior management reports.
- Ensures consistent use of KP estimating and cost engineering standards and procedures by developing and tracking processes and training.
- Identifies industry cost engineering methodology trends and best practices, adapting and implementing for KP as appropriate.
- Directs the development and maintenance of cost model and cost model parameters related to cost engineering.
- Coordinates scope and integration of services with Contracts and with team leadership (Executive Directors, Team Managers and Project Directors).
- Directly supervises all California Cost Engineering and Estimating personnel.
- Manages selection of third party consulting for peer reviews, estimating and pre-construction services.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of total experience in cost engineering and/or design and construction.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a management role overseeing related activities.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g. electrical, civil, mechanical, structural, etc.), architecture or construction management.
- Minimum five (5) years in healthcare preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Certification through AACE International and/or ASPE required preferred.
As an employee, you are eligible for benefits according to your full-time/part-time status and the number of hours scheduled to work per week. Benefits may vary based on your region, position, scheduled hours, and representation by collective bargaining or employee groups, but generally include:
- generous vacation, holiday, and sick leave
- medical care (including prescriptions), vision, mental health, & dental care
- disability and life insurance coverage
- educational opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- employee assistance programs
- health care, dependent care, and transit spending account options
- retirement plans