Recognized as one of America's leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans. Founded in 1945, their mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of their members and the communities they serve. Currently serving 11.8 million members in eight states and the District of Columbia. Care for members and patients is focused on their total health and guided by their personal physicians, specialists and team of caregivers. Their expert and caring medical teams are empowered and supported by industry-leading technology advances and tools for health promotion, disease prevention, state-of-the art care delivery and world-class chronic disease management.
Supervises the operations of a single shift, maintaining high productivity. Ensures accurate nursing advice is provided.
In call center setting:
- Collaborates with management team to plan and achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Ensures cost effective operations while remaining within budgetary guidelines.
- Implements and maintains patient care and quality service standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
- Achieve a high level of customer satisfaction with emphasis on customer service and highest standards of quality and innovation.
- Assists staff with resolving the more complex clinical questions.
- Hires, trains, and supervises competent, productive and motivated staff.
- Ensures clinical practice is aligned to The Joint Commission, NCAQ, federal, state, and local regulations.
- Ensures accurate nursing advice is provided.
- Ensures all calls are answered on a timely basis and maintain high productivity.
- Troubleshoots minor problems with computers and phones.
- Coordinates and directs daily shift operations in collaboration with other supervisors.
- Our Client conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Our Client reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
License, Certification, Registration
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current California RN license required.
- Basic knowledge of PC's and related software required.
- Must have ability to perform duties in heavy workload equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement and clinical care delivery processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum one (1) year of previous experience as a supervisor/leader in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Experience in medical office/ambulatory care preferred.
- Experience in staffing/scheduling preferred.
- BSN or bachelor's degree in health care related field preferred.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Improvement Advisor / LEAN Six Sigma Black Belt / Quality Performance Improvement desired.
- Working knowledge of NSQIP.
- Surgical Background preferred.
- Masters in related field preferred.
As an employee, you are eligible for benefits according to your full-time/part-time status and the number of hours scheduled to work per week. Benefits may vary based on your region, position, scheduled hours, and representation by collective bargaining or employee groups, but generally include:
- generous vacation, holiday, and sick leave
- medical care (including prescriptions), vision, mental health, & dental care
- disability and life insurance coverage
- educational opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- employee assistance programs
- health care, dependent care, and transit spending account option
- retirement plans
Yes, 10 % of the Time