About the Company:
A leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, the have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions. Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission-critical. Our client develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Their solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most.
Our client is looking for a Sales Engineer to add to its team in Seattle WA. The technical resource in the sales organization will provide technical solutions to Cross-Sellers and New Logo Hunters to put together a deal for the account. The job will focus on influencing new sales at both existing accounts and new logo accounts. Sales Engineering is an integral part of the sales team, helping to persuade prospective customers of the benefits and advantages of the company's communication solutions and driving the product adoption through their technical efforts. The Sales Engineer is passionate about working with prospects and customers to understand business and system requirements, identify and refine compelling use cases for which Flowroute is applicable and showcase relevant product capabilities.
- Develop and continually refine deep Flowroute product knowledge.
- Conduct regular training sessions and rep evaluation, to assure the sales organization has a proficient understanding of the value proposition, how to position and sell the product, and how to leverage Flowroute’s edge in this space.
- Provide informational Flowroute presentations and live software demonstrations.
- Participate in functional and technical discovery sessions.
- Lead whiteboarding sessions and/or work independently to map requirements to valid use cases that are addressed by Flowroute’s product capabilities.
- Craft proposed Flowroute solution architectures that address customer requirements and fit appropriately into their technology environment.
- Address competitive differentiation and technical objection-handling as needed. Facilitate solution knowledge transfer to industry partners.
- Support local marketing events and participate actively in the Flowroute Community.
- Interact with current customers and prospects to define market requirements and new feature requests, ensure these are captured and communicated to the product team.
- Provide business and technical support/leadership to the sales team.
- Work closely with product marketing to formulate value propositions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in computer networking, computer science, information technology
- Cloud Services knowledge.
- 5+ years of software centric telecom-related experience (CPaaS, UCaaS).
- Extra points if you understand how to describe toll-free, termination, and origination services work and can benefit customers.
- Comfortable and quick with learning new technologies as needed.
- Experience with API based software solutions especially the ability to translate technical advantage of APIs into business value for the prospect.
- Client-facing experience.
- Consultative skills including data requirements gathering, whiteboarding and developing/validating proposed solution architectures.
- Presentations and software demonstrations for audiences including technical and line-of-business decision makers.
- Delivery of informal or other product education to prospective users or project teams.
- Soft skills including effective communication, listening, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, sales-focused environment.
- Industry vertical experience, e.g. Financial Services, Retail, Government, Security or Telecommunication. Communication Service Providers.
- Proficient in written and spoken English communication skills.