The Second Shift Sr. Production Manager is responsible for leading the operations, materials management, and sanitation teams and activities involved in manufacturing the highest quality meat products through a philosophy and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Providing overall leadership and direction to direct reports
- Implementing strategies to increase efficiency, maintain quality and ensure continuous improvement of production, materials and warehouse processes and procedures
- Creating a work environment reflecting a commitment to protecting the health and safety of employees, sanitation activities, food safety and quality, identifying and supporting the development of internal talent for future opportunities.
- Leads direct reports in the attainment of established production standards, goals and objectives including those associated with OEE, yields, productivity, safety, budget, cost control and other key performance indicators
- In partnership with the EHS Manager and Plant Management team, participates in scheduled safety meetings to review performance and is a leader in creating and maintain a culture reflective of a commitment to an accident free workplace
- Leads the plant in value stream mapping activities to identify areas of improvement.
- Creates plans to drive waste out of the operations based on current and future state value stream maps
- Ensures compliance with safety and environmental rules, regulations and SEP/Environmental audit requirements.
- Maintains all work areas in a safe manner and ensures compliance to 5S programs.
- Applies problem solving techniques to determine root cause safety issues and enforces solid and preventative corrective actions.
- Ensures compliance of employees to all state and federal regulations
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, meat science or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of management techniques utilized in a lean manufacturing environment
- Prior supervisory experience in manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Must possess ability to influence people to achieve department and plant mission, vision and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be effective in working with and maintaining relationships with all levels of employee at plant and corporate levels
- Ability to be resourceful, demonstrate business acumen, creative thinking skills and be able to act as a decision maker
- Exceptional leadership qualities
- Sanitation experience
- SAP experience or demonstrated proficiency with a similar ERP.
- Prior application and adherence to food safety and quality programs