The Production Supervisor utilizes machinery, materials and manpower available to complete the daily production build schedule. All established quality standards will be met as well as creating and maintaining a safe work environment. At any given time, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for leading areas in operations, materials or warehousing depending on assignment. This position reports to the Senior Production Manager and is significant to the evolution and sustenance of a best in class lean operations culture within a state of the art, highly automated meat slicing facility in Kansas City, KS.
- Develop resource plans to effectively meet established weekly production schedules.
- Leads by example regarding employee safety and food safety.
- Always promoting an environment that is conducive to employee safety and food safety requirements.
- Ensure that all personnel are following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to promote the production of quality product in an environment conducive to food safety requirements.
- Work in partnership with QA personnel to address any identified process or customer issues.
- Leads and directs production personnel in the attainment of established production standards, goals and objectives including those associated with OEE, yields, productivity, safety, cost control and other key performance indicators.
- Work with Maintenance in support of the TPM process to ensure that equipment PMs are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs or coordinates any necessary training required for operators to be effective and safe in the performance of their jobs.
- Champion Lean activities for assigned areas of responsibility, such as 5S and Value Stream Mapping to identify waste and develop plans to eliminate that waste and promote a continuous improvement environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in business, engineering, meat science or related field
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- 2+ years in a food manufacturing environment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be resourceful, demonstrate business acumen, creative thinking skills and be able to act as a decision maker.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills. Solid math and comprehension skills.
- Computer Skills: System experience to include: Excel, Microsoft Word, and data entry experience. Strong spreadsheet capabilities.