About the Company:
A Fortune 500 company, is a diversified, multi-national healthcare enterprise that provides a portfolio of services to government sponsored healthcare programs, focusing on underinsured and uninsured individuals. Many receive benefits provided under Medicaid, including the State Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), as well as Aged, Blind or Disabled (ABD), Foster Care and Long Term Care (LTC), in addition to other state-sponsored/hybrid programs, and Medicare (Special Needs Plans).
The Company operates local health plans and offers a range of health insurance solutions. It also contracts with other healthcare and commercial organizations to provide specialty services including behavioral health management, care management software, correctional healthcare services, dental benefits management, in-home health services, life and health management, managed vision, pharmacy benefits management, specialty pharmacy and telehealth services.
The Data Analyst (Healthcare Analytics) will have the opportunity to make a significant impact through the discovery, development, and implementation of leading-edge analytics that answer important business questions. The analyst will collaborate with key corporate and health plan business partners for the purpose of identifying and delivering robust reporting and analytics capabilities to drive improved business performance.
- Interpret and analyze data from multiple sources including claims, provider, member, and encounters data. Identify and assess the business impact of trends
- Develop, maintain, and troubleshoot complex scripts and reports developed using SQL, Microsoft Excel, or other analytics tools
- Contribute to the planning and execution of large-scale projects with limited direction from leadership
- Assist in the design, testing, and implementation of process enhancements and identify opportunities for automation
- Identify and perform root-cause analysis of data irregularities and present findings and proposed solutions to leadership and/or customers
- Manage multiple, variable tasks and data review processes with limited supervision within targeted timelines and thrive in a demanding, quickly changing environment
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how customers interact with analytic products
- Partner cross-functionally at all levels of the organization and effectively, both verbally and visually, communicate findings and insights to non-technical business partners
- Independently engage with customers and business partners to gather requirements and validate results
- Communicate and present data-driven insights and recommendations to both internal and external stakeholders, soliciting and incorporating feedback when required
- Provide technical guidance to junior analysts
- Ad hoc analytics for network optimization
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, statistics, mathematics, actuarial science, public health, health informatics, healthcare administration, finance or related field or equivalent experience. Master's degree preferred.
- 4+ years of experience working with large databases, data verification, and data management.
- Healthcare analytics experience preferred.
- Ability to integrate, validate, and reconcile data from multiple sources as well as design and construct analysis tools that extract, prepare, analyze, and store/present results to support business needs.
- Knowledge of query development using SQL or other coding languages.
- Knowledge of basic statistical, analytical, or data mining techniques including basic data modeling, trend analysis, and root-cause analysis preferred.
- Working knowledge of analytical tools, including R, Python, SAS, ArcGIS, QGIS, Microstrategy, Tableau, Hadoop, or related tools preferred.
- Working knowledge of relational databases preferred. Working knowledge of automation capabilities such as batch processes, stored procedures, scripting languages, Microstrategy, or other tools preferred.
- Experience in provider contracting, claims pricing, financial reporting/analysis, data modeling, statistical modeling, data science, or geospatial/reimbursement analysis preferred.
- Experience with report/dashboard development, data/report automation, self-service capabilities, data design and integration, or data quality and governance preferred
The company offers more than just medical insurance. They pay most of your benefits costs and in some cases – they pay 100 percent. Most of the benefits not covered by the company are paid with pre-tax payroll deductions.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (includes health care, dependent care mass transit reimbursement)
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Basic Life insurance
- Supplemental AD&D
- Supplemental life insurance
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Vacation, Personal and Sick time
- Paid Company Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and Learning Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement/Educational Assistance
- Service Awards
- On-site fitness center or discount at local fitness centers (most locations)
- Discounts for select local and national products and services, including cell phones, computers and more
- Other amenities may be available, but vary by location