- Monitor and track the daily analysis of customer disputed invoices/short-payments on a very high volume-based activity.
- Perform analysis of customer accounts based on the customer’s purchases, payment history, credit worthiness, credit limit exposure and our business strategy.
- Track and evaluate past due A/R accounts to reduce the risk of credit exposure
- Evaluate credit worthiness of accounts and determine proper account order hold or releases
- Perform offsetting adjustments to ensure customer account balances are properly stated
- Contact customers to secure payment on overdue balances, issues resolution on open items
- Provide guidance and support to Sales and Operations Managers, Logistics, Common carrier disputes, outside Distribution operations about the release of orders to accounts that have aged accounts receivable.
- Maintain a strong cross functional communication with Field Sales, Agents, Logistics, and Management regarding identified account risks, potential credit problems, disputes and customer comments. Identify and escalate as necessary.
- Provide monthly and ad-hoc reports and updates to key stakeholders
- Maintain and manage all data related to customer discounts, allowances and rebates in business ERP and Deductions Management ERP
- Track work case creation issues (Reason Codes) in High Radius in no more than 15 days from the date a case is generated, unless the issue is resolved
- Responsible for assisting in the implementation of IT process improvements in Deductions Management application and internal ERP process improvements.
- Following SOP business rules, and through case creation, generate a credit memo where applicable to resolve customer financial disputes.
- Ensures GAAP, SOX and Watts policies and procedures are adhered to and the ongoing operation, maintenance and controls of the AR system;
- Ensure proper SOX documentation on customer accounts, credit memo issuance and approvals
- Support the monthly audits of deductions, payments and write-offs
- Identify and assist in the preparation of accounts for placement with collection agencies or 3rd Party activity.
- Financial recovery of invalid disputed customer account receivables balances
- Negotiate and structure payment plans
- Ensure customer accounts are accurately stated in adherence to US GAAP
- Recommend write offs for uncollectible open invoices and disputed balances
- Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 5 years of A/R software experience for large corporations such as QAD, Oracle, SAP, etc
- 5 years minimum of A/R Dispute resolution experience in a large organization, working with vendor portals and Electronic Data Interface systems (EDI)
- 5 years of experience working with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results
- 5 years following GAAP and SOX requirements in a publicly traded company
- Advanced Excel skills: writing advanced formulas, Pivot Tables, V-lookups, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of standard and specialized collection procedures
- Strong Financial and Accounting Analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization
- Ability to work in a global team environment