Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Business Intelligence Solutions Architect. This is a lead role on the BI team to build solutions for data analytics and reporting for the future.
In this role you will function as the technical lead to design and implement innovative BI solutions. Define functional requirements partnering with diverse business teams including Finance, Supply Chain, HR, CRM, as well as IT peers. Responsible for designs, building, and implementing solutions utilizing appropriate Sodexo BI tools. Requires the ability to mode data coming in from different data sources into BI technologies, including existing data sources and new data sources. Advanced knowledge in designing and delivering BI visualizations, dashboards, and reports to support standardized and augment ad hoc reporting needs. Responsible for seamless integration of reporting technologies in the landscape existing and in transition. Development of full technical documentation. Participation in IT standard project management office processes. Support test case scenario's and partner with UAT teams. Participate in change control processes, and lead efforts around training of BI solutions to consumers.
- Technical expert leads the application architecture and development efforts for enterprise level applications.
- Develops technical strategy for a particular application or suite of applications.
- Ensures system integrity and a stable system with proper controls and systems including up to date document applications architecture and development expert.
- Leads the team from a technical perspective in the areas of application architecture, systems analysis and design, and software programming.
- Creates technical specifications and high level system architecture diagrams.
- Works with business analysts to refine business requirements based on technical feasibility.
- Develops prototypes.
- Ensures that technical specifications are kept current during the development process.
- Ensures that the estimates in the technical specification are accurate.
- Defines the high level software development practices and policies.
Technical skills required:
- Experience with Power BI, Power BI Desktop, BI Service
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with Power Apps
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Oracle / SQL Databases
- Experience with DAX expressions, power query
- Experience with managing projects
- Knowledge of SSAS, SSRS
- Knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence platform and data warehousing concepts
Non-technical skills needed:
- Requires effective communications with strong business acumen and strong technical skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with team members and senior level management.
- Strong work ethic with attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Creative individual with a track record of building and implementing innovative technical solutions.
- Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Functional Experience - 5 years of experience as a senior software developer, applications architect or applications systems analyst programmer including 3 years project management