About the Company:
Our client is changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
They built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how they use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, their first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. They have brought together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
The Healthcare Design Strategist will support our efforts to leverage the company's capabilities toward new business opportunities, enabling entrepreneurship within a large company. The incubator creates a pathway for teammates around the company to develop, pitch, and pilot ideas with commercial potential. Some of these ideas will be spun out as entirely new businesses and others will be integrated into our existing suite of services. Altogether, we intend to develop a portfolio of ventures that, by building on our enterprise strengths, have the potential to transform patient care and create new sources of OI growth.
You will be the second teammate working on the incubator and among the initial hires in DVG, reporting to the Director of Incubation. This position represents an opportunity to build a new business function and shape the way the company delivers care in years to come.
The Healthcare Design Strategist will wear a variety of hats – ranging from relationship management to business case development, and everything in between. Often, you will be a contributing member on larger project efforts, but there will be opportunities for full project ownership as well. You may also provide occasional support to our strategic investing and partnerships lanes. The ideal candidate is someone who finds fulfillment in building things from the ground up, thrives amid ambiguity and uncertainty, thinks creatively and strategically, and can build relationships across a large organization.
Your overall job will be to help the Director of Incubation maintain a robust pipeline of potential ideas and execute on the most promising ones. This will have a few main components that include (but are not limited to):
- Conduct research on market trends and proactively explore potential opportunities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business units to understand ongoing needs and areas of opportunity
- Facilitate internal ideation challenges
- Maintain an up-to-date pipeline tracker with clear plans for follow up
- Business Case Development
- Participate in “sprints” with business leads that will assess the viability of new ideas, and help these leads understand, envision and articulate a plan to engage key stakeholders
- Develop financial models in Excel that estimate opportunity size and cost impact
- Craft compelling storyboards and visual models in PowerPoint that synthesize findings and convey recommendations to our business unit partners and our investment committee
- Design and manage pilots with business unit partners to test ideas with minimal up-front investment and appropriate risk controls
- General Team Support
- Prepare materials for presentations to senior leaders and other stakeholders
- Build relationships with like minded healthcare innovation organizations
- Contribute to external deal processes as appropriate
3-5 years working experience across the following domains:
- New product or service line development, including project management
- Human centered design, design research, or customer experience projects
- Strategy development and business evaluation – using both sound qualitative logic and rigorous quantitative modeling
- Healthcare experience is a nice to have but not required
Grit – you have the courage and conscientiousness to pursue big ideas with the resilience to persist through roadblocks along the way
Adaptability – you can pivot easily when hypotheses are disproven, and thrive in a fluid organizational structure