About the Company:
Our client is changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
They built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how they use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, their first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. They have brought together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
Corporate Counsel, Manager – Labs
Candidate will be responsible for assisting with day-to-day legal support for DaVita Labs including operations and regulatory issues including contract review and administration; reporting directly to Senior Corporate Counsel - Lab.
- DaVita Headquarters in Denver, CO; or
- DaVita Labs, Deland FL
- Assist in contract administration and negotiation for DaVita Labs
- Advise of healthcare regulatory issues including but not limited to issues related to CLIA, AKS, FCA, HIPAA and Stark
- Interact with DaVita Kidney Care attorneys and operations teammates to help support DaVita Labs
- Manage litigation matters
- Perform legal research as assigned
- Partner with Team Quest (Compliance) on lab compliance initiatives
- Assist Senior Corporate Counsel - Lab with management of legal budget
- Manage projects, including information gathering, communication with stakeholders and tracking progress of goals and milestones, prepare draft documents, PowerPoint presentations, Excel files, and email communications
- Working directly with business team to obtain critical information pertaining to projects or processes
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed or required
- Juris Doctor and bar membership in at least one state
- Minimum 3-6 years related experience
- Legal experience at a clinical laboratory, hospital system, academic medical center, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device or other life sciences company preferred
- Experience drafting and negotiating healthcare related agreements
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations and laws including but not limited to CLIA, AKS, FCA, HIPAA and Stark
- Strong command of PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize a high volume of competing demands.
- Personal integrity, judgment and the ability to make decisions quickly. Hands on, efficient and proven ability to “Get [a lot of] Stuff Done” with a bias for action and strong sense of ownership.
- A commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Candid and personally secure.
- Ability and willingness to seek and receive feedback constructively as development opportunities.
- Ability to work independently, shift focus, adapt to changing priorities, maintain patience in high pressure situations and take initiative where appropriate.
- A bright individual who is a “quick study” and grasps issues quickly. Not hindered by an overly bureaucratic and structured approach to solving problems.
- Possesses good stamina and humor; able to work well under pressure.