About the Company:
Our client has been recognized as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune Magazine. They earned this recognition for their focus on being a great place to work and delivering value for their customers and clients. They were also recognized as the only financial services company on Fortune’s inaugural “Best Big Companies to Work For” list, which recognized seven companies with more than 100,000 U.S.-based employees that passed the Great Place to Work Certification bar.
Help lead the vision and strategy for one of the largest financial institutions in the world. Deep architecture experience, strong communication and solid technical skills are a must as this role involves establishing, influencing, growing and maturing Enterprise Architecture for the entire company (i.e. all lines of business including Merrill Lynch). Individual must have proven capabilities to understand the business drivers and risks, explain complex technical concepts to senior business leaders as well as the ability to have deep technical discussions with Solution Architects and technical teams. This is a strategic role that will help realize the global businesses goals, while mitigating risks and facilitating rapid innovation to achieve a competitive edge.
Enterprise Level Influence:
- Build relationships and trust with key business stakeholders to understand business strategy and future needs
- Define and maintain architecture standards and principles for the enterprise
- Recommend and participate in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the Enterprise Architecture objectives are consistent with the enterprise’s long-term business objectives
Architecture Vision & Strategy:
- Champion and enhance the Enterprise Technology Strategy along with supporting Policies and Best Practices
- Define the standard methodology, responsibilities and deliverables that capture the details of every level of architecture
- Establish and share architectural best practices and lessons learned
- Evolve/update the enterprise architecture based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions
- Ensure ongoing alignment of technical and business strategies based on changing business and technology drivers and risks
- Collaborate regularly with peers and representatives from each line of business
- Research solutions and emerging technologies on the market for particular technical requirements and business needs
- Ensure that solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable and aligned with the enterprise vision
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field is required (Master’s degree preferred).
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Certification in one or more Enterprise Architecture frameworks
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks and patterns
- Strong foundational background in Application Development/Solution Architecture on large or complex systems
- Strong ability to establish standards and provide Enterprise Architecture Governance across a large complex organization
- Advanced knowledge of Cloud Architecture patterns and strategies (including IAAS, PAAS, Security, Compute, Storage and Messaging)
- Experience with Cloud Adoption and Migration for existing on-premise solutions
- Strong knowledge of application development processes, DevOps, and Agile methodologies.
- Ability to translate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understandable to technical and non-technical management and staff.
- Strong organizational awareness.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with Azure and AWS platform services.