About the Company:
A Fortune 500 company, is a diversified, multi-national healthcare enterprise that provides a portfolio of services to government sponsored healthcare programs, focusing on underinsured and uninsured individuals. Many receive benefits provided under Medicaid, including the State Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), as well as Aged, Blind or Disabled (ABD), Foster Care and Long Term Care (LTC), in addition to other state-sponsored/hybrid programs, and Medicare (Special Needs Plans).
The Company operates local health plans and offers a range of health insurance solutions. It also contracts with other healthcare and commercial organizations to provide specialty services including behavioral health management, care management software, correctional healthcare services, dental benefits management, in-home health services, life and health management, managed vision, pharmacy benefits management, specialty pharmacy and telehealth services.
The Counselor provides face-to-face non-clinical problem solving counseling to families and makes appropriate referrals and warm transfers to military and community resources according to the needs of military-connected children, families and service members. The Counselor is a licensed mental health professional who exercises discretion and independent judgment to provide appropriate information, coaching, training, and education concerning military-connected children to service members and or child-development center or school staff. Direct non-clinical services to children and adolescents ages 2-18 are also provided by the CYB Counselor.
- Reaches out to families with children to conduct non-medical needs assessments and provides supportive, non-medical counseling services to families/parents, such as parenting and child development education (ages 0-18), suggestions for behavioral interventions, non-medical counseling, recommendations for referrals and other services as appropriate, etc.
- Provides age appropriate activities-based programs to young children and adolescents on topics such as identifying feelings, problem solving, bullying, conflict resolution, self-esteem, coping with deployment and reunification, sibling/parental relationships, anger and time management, separation from parent(s), divorce, health and wellness/self care, etc.
- Facilitates psycho-educational discussion groups for older children and adolescents.
- Provides consultations, trainings and educational presentations/workshops for parents, school staff, child-care professionals, and other community groups on topics such as child development, behavior management, burnout and self-care, effects of deployment and reunification on children and youth, recognizing behavioral indicators of stress in children and youth, etc., including the following activities:
- Provides feedback on outreach efforts and tracks services performed and referrals made.
- Advises on behavioral and psychotherapeutic training and education programs and materials requested by military personnel and commanders.
- Completes and submits all required documentation.
- Evenings and weekends required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in clinically relevant field from accredited university required.
- Possess and maintain a full license to practice independently at the Master's or Doctorate level as a Clinical Social Worker, Marriage Family Therapist or Psychologist without restrictions or supervision (i.e. LCSW, LISW, MFT, LPC, etc.). Some assignments may require a full license to practice independently in the state where the assignment is located.
- Requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain security clearance.
The company offers more than just medical insurance. They pay most of your benefits costs and in some cases – they pay 100 percent. Most of the benefits not covered by the company are paid with pre-tax payroll deductions.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (includes health care, dependent care mass transit reimbursement)
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Basic Life insurance
- Supplemental AD&D
- Supplemental life insurance
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Vacation, Personal and Sick time
- Paid Company Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and Learning Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement/Educational Assistance
- Service Awards
- On-site fitness center or discount at local fitness centers (most locations)
- Discounts for select local and national products and services, including cell phones, computers and more