You will drive mission critical enterprise-level initiatives to build and grow cloud-scale systems using leading public cloud providers GCP and/or Azure. This assumes promotion of latest technologies (PaaS, Big Data Analytics, API platforms), continuous improvement of scaled processes and best practices.
This role is one of the highest technical leadership roles in the organization. It requires a combination of qualities that will enable a successful candidate to lead business and technical initiatives at the industry or domain level.
- Able to wear multiple hats: navigates freely between business, technical, execution, operations, etc.
- Passionate: enjoys design and collaboration
- Knowledgeable: cloud native microservices architecture, data architecture, analytics, software/application architecture
- Pragmatic: able to effectively manage the cost of business
- Able to produce outstanding designs and communicate them using diverse techniques, including documentation, POCs, demos, and educational sessions
- Hands on coding: able to jump in to help teams understand best practices and meet deadlines
This role will report to the API Platform Leader and will collaborate closely with several software development teams and Architects across the company.
- Architectural leadership, design and roadmaps of the major pieces (business capabilities and internal processing).
- Oversight and governance of next generation API Platform.
- Providing technical expertise in POC, evaluations and implementations.
- Providing consultation and support to the Industry Solutions Group (business).
- Providing support and consultation to customers.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 10+ years in architecture (technical, IT and enterprise)
- Data architecture (e.g. transactional and analytical processing, real-time analytics, etc.)
- Experience with designing and implementing multi-tenant SaaS systems
- Experience with cloud based technologies and cloud adoption at the enterprise scale (e.g. leading enterprise-wide adoption of PaaS, Big Data platforms).
- Strong collaboration and coaching skills
- A continual learner that stays up-to-date on the latest technologies (attends and ideally presents at tech conferences)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with GCP, GKE, Apigee, and Istio
- Polyglot programming experience
- Experience in Financial, Retail and/or Hospitality industry is a plus
- Experience with COTS PaaS products
- Applied Data Science for AI enabled capabilities (ML/DL)