About the Company:
Our client is changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
They built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how they use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, their first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. They have brought together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
Our client operates in 12 countries and is looking for a working supervisor who is enthusiastic and excited about accounting. This position does not have direct reports but rather supervises work overseas in several countries. In this case - Brazil (12 kidney dialysis centers) Columbia (20 kidney dialysis centers). The countries do their own accounting in their own systems and the information is sent to us for review. You are the point of contact for all things as it relates to the accounting in those countries. Travel is a requirement of this position so you must have your own passport. Direct international experience is not required however being a strong senior account or analyst is required. Spanish or Portuguese speaking preferred. Open to diamonds in the rough!
The purpose of this position is to support the Senior Director and the International Accounting department with all related accounting tasks. Provide support and training to our international offices to ensure department goals and objectives are achieved in alignment with DaVita's Mission and Core Values. This includes communication of all accounting P&Ps and oversight of the monthly accounting close cycle including the review of financial statements and data that is submitted by each country. Ensure transactions related to development projects, fixed assets, inventory, leases, subleases, revenue, payroll and cash are accounted for correctly. Monthly tasks include review of financial reports including variance notes for operations management and the CAO/CFO as it relates to the various region and country assignments. All these transactions will be completed in the various foreign currencies prior to conversion into USD. The local in-country accounting team is responsible to provide the data in US GAAP and any accounting standard variances are verified and tracked.
- Responsible for general ledger functions such as journal entry preparation, account analysis, account reconciliation and ad hoc schedules.
- Prepare & analyze financial statements including variance analysis, aging schedules and account reconciliations.
- Primary contact for international customers. Work with the local teams on accounting policy & procedures that satisfy US & foreign requirements.
- Training of foreign and US teammates as needed.
- Review & account for conversion of foreign currencies into other foreign currencies & USD.
- Assist with consolidation of international accounting books.
- Prepare communications such as memos, presentation charts and process documentation.
- Play a lead role with other departments to solve issues, establish policies and improve processes.
- Flexible job hours in order to support all international customers.
- International travel may be required up to 25%. No travel requirements are past 90 days at a time but depend on our customer’s needs. On average, time away from home is approximately 6–10 weeks no more than twice a year.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Accounting / Finance required
- Working knowledge of general ledger accounting functions
- Minimum of six years accounting experience required
- CPA/CMA license preferred
- Oracle & Hyperion Essbase experience preferred
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills required in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- VBA programming a plus