This position is responsible for maintaining high production, quality, and yields while ensuring the safest working environment possible. This position requires an essential understanding and control of the production process, accurate record keeping, and general line maintenance and staffing. Specific responsibilities include checking daily production orders to ensure fulfillment of customer orders, ensuring every position is filled before start-up of production line, overseeing Team Member morning exercises and job rotation in order to facilitate ergonomics, and ensuring all machinery is performing to the highest standard possible. Other responsibilities include ensuring all workstations have passed USDA Inspection, promoting safety on a daily basis as well as through monthly safety meetings, and ensuring accurate shipments, rotation of inventory, and proper coding of products. Additionally, this position is responsible for knowing and communicating company benefits and compensation policies to Team Members, providing encouragement to Team Members in order to build the best team possible, and the critical ability to perform the human relations functions such as training, retaining, and counseling on personal and professional problems. Other duties include overseeing various processing operations and working with other supervisors in solving problems, keeping records of reworked or returned product, providing continuous education on the importance of quality, and performing other responsibilities as the need arises.
Relocation assistance is available for this role.
- Education: High school diploma;education beyond high school including special training, vocational school and/or college courses is preferred.
- Experience: 1+ years experience in a supervisory position at a production facility preferred
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skills helpful.
- Communication Skills: Strong communication skills.
- Supervisory: This position is responsible for supervising a group of
- personnel who perform somewhat identical and related tasks or
- Travel: 1-5 trips per year.