About the Company:
Our client is changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
They built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how they use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, their first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. They have brought together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
The purpose of this position is to prepare and/or review federal and state corporate and partnership tax returns, work on state and local audits, tax research and assist with various income tax projects to ensure department goals and objectives are achieved, in alignment with DaVita’s Mission and Core Values.
- Prepare and/or review state corporate income/franchise tax returns.
- Prepare federal income tax returns.
- Prepare and/or review federal and state partnership income tax returns.
- Prepare and/or review quarterly estimated tax payment calculations.
- Correspond with taxing jurisdictions to resolve disputes including filing issues
- Prepare audit responses and/or answer auditor questions.
- Assist with reconciliation of income tax accounts
- Assist with work allocation and prioritization decisions.
- Interact with other departments and explain and resolve complex tax issues.
- Perform a wide variety of recurring and non-recurring moderately complex tax functions.
- Research more complex tax issues and develop a well supported conclusion.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to meet goals individually and in a teammate environment.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking ability.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other functional areas to achieve the overall DaVita Mission.
- BA in Accounting.
- 3-5 years experience, public accounting experience preferred.
- Corporate tax related experience.