Engineer II – Electrical Power Systems (Clearance Required)
This position is for an experienced spacecraft power system engineer who can support a team through the design phase, perform analysis, support the production phase, support the test phase and support the operation phase for a spacecraft power subsystem.
- Support the development of power systems architectures (power generation, power storage and power distribution and control), requirements, power system concepts and power simulations.
- Be a team member for a spacecraft bus or space vehicle.
- Analyze power system sizing and performance.
- Support hardware development teams.
- Support integration and test, and launch and operations.
- Support subcontract management.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current Top Secret/SCI security clearance is required.
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience in spacecraft Electrical Power Subsystem Engineering or Electrical Power Test or Electrical Power Spacecraft Operations.
- A desire to learn - our culture fosters intellectual curiosity.
- A strong technical foundation – people who flourish behave like owners
- Detailed knowledge or classroom work relating to the following is highly desired: Lithium Ion batteries, solar arrays, power control, power conversion/regulation, power distribution, charge control methods, high voltage (>100V), direct energy transfer architectures, regulated power system architectures and power fault protection.
- Experience or awareness with power simulation tools is highly desirable (e.g., PSPICE, SABER, MATLAB, MMPAT).
- Experience with defining, developing and delivering space qualified hardware is highly desired.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Effectiveness in small team work environment with broad responsibilities.
- Capable of performing solar array, battery, power conversion/distribution sizing and performance analysis is highly desired.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED