One of the nation's largest drugstore chains and the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with the company each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. The company operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Approximately 400 stores offer a Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
Responsible for contributing to the development of strategies, plans and operational guidelines to support the company's vision. Contributes to the development of policies and authorizes their implementation, ensuring the integration of corporate strategy and vision at the business unit and departmental levels. Acts as an idea generator, working with others as thought leaders and subject matter expert to create processes and tactics that drive the company to achieve overall business objectives. Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas through senior managers who have overall responsibility for the successful operation of those assigned areas. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements. Creates and fosters a high performance culture, directing the development of innovative processes and solutions to complex, organization-wide challenges.
- Directs and/or oversees processes and approaches, working with long-term perspective. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company. Develops strategies, plans, and operational guidelines to support the company's vision for building stakeholder relationships within the Division.
- Directs the development of innovative approaches, processes, and solutions that support department and division strategies. Assesses, Identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, proving strategy and direction for a major functional areas. Erroneous decisions may have a long term effect on the overall success of the business unit and potentially the company.
- Interacts internally and externally with executive level management and/ or major stakeholders. Interactions require negotiation of critical matters. Acts as an influencer in policy making. Acts as an idea generator, working with others as a thought leader and subject- matter expert to help brainstorm new processes and solutions.
- Creates and fosters high performance culture, focused on engagement, accountability, innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement. Makes decision about resource allocation (people and financial) within scope of responsibility.
- Owns and manages relationships with third party service providers, including partner selection, contract negotiation, and performance management. Has direct impact on short- and long-term results, divisional in scope. Makes resource and investment allocation decisions in support of the vision and strategy to satisfy customer needs.
- Provides advanced leadership, advice to the Organization, and addresses technical problems. Transfers knowledge across functions and Walgreen Co. Divisions in support of broad organizational goals.
- Champions company initiatives, connecting efforts to company vision and purpose and driving increased engagement. Consults at high levels within the Organization, providing technical leadership and influence across the company.
- Monitors industry trends, best practices, and regulatory issues as they relate to specific area(s) of responsibility and shares learnings, as appropriate, with direct reports and peers. verses formulation of operating guidelines which promote leadership, collaboration, and supports decision- making at the lowest appropriate level.
- Plans, develops and manages departmental expense and capital budgets. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 12 years of experience in a supply chain or business role OR a Bachelor's Degree and at least 10 years of experience internally at Walgreens in a supply chain or business role.
- At least 8 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 8 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Benefits & Perks:
- MBA/Master's Degree
- APICS CSCP Certification
- At least 8 years managing 3rd party relationships.
- Company paid life insurance and voluntary life & personal accident insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Profit Sharing Plan – 401(k)
- Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health, Prescription Drugs, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Discount
- Employee Purchase Program
- Flu Shots and Travel Consultations
- Child Care
- Prescription Savings Club
- Transportation Benefit Plan
- Work & Life Resources