Our client is seeking a Vice President, Operations for their Universities Segment located in Seattle, WA. Reporting to the Senior Vice President-Universities, you will be responsible for a client portfolio of multiple locations with a leadership focus on Commercial Growth through Employee Engagement, Client Partnerships and Operational Excellence as this will include 12 accounts with an approximately $32 million in managed volume. This opportunity requires an individual that has extensive expertise operations (with concentration in Food management and culinary innovativeness), leadership abilities, financial acumen and business development in growing markets. You will influence client decisions based on market research and emerging trends needed to support new and existing concepts, innovations. As a member of their senior management team you will have the opportunity to perform a variety of duties to include ensuring operation leaders are in compliance with corporate, regional and financial goals. Additionally, you will be responsible for the overall operation, growth and profitability of the region. As a Vice President you will exercise management and leadership over multiple higher education operations in both dining and facilities. The ideal candidate will have extensive leadership experience managing large teams and markets preferably in a complexed large metropolitan city environment. The candidate must reside in or near Seattle, WA.
The ideal candidate will have strong strategic leadership, solid understanding of operations, business development, strong financial acumen, talent management, strong communication and project management skills.
- Achieving segment goals by providing the leadership, management and oversight necessary to ensure that the area’s portfolio of business has the proper solutions, products, metrics and talent in place to effectively grow the organization and meet/exceed defined revenue and profitability targets and other KPIs.
- Contributing to the innovation of services to expand the company's Service Solutions for current and prospective clients.
- Overseeing proposal development activities, including positioning, strategy development, customer negotiations, contract review, and pricing/costing.
- Resolving client issues and concerns with agility and professionalism. Establishing organizational protocols and systems to identify client issues, trends, and opportunities and effectively integrate them into area strategies.
- Balancing retention efforts at current clients with new business development opportunities and reallocating resources across the territory as needed to ensure operational excellence within all accounts.
- Hiring, growing and developing current and future talent. Providing positive and constructive feedback through coaching, mentoring and counseling.
- In collaboration with Sales and Brand Teams, designing and implementing Strategic Partnership programs for the area that create value for clients/prospects. Responsible for the area communication and marketing plans.
- Establishing visibility and relevance for the company in the area’s industry by preparing presentations to management groups, leadership groups and boards to explain the company’s market position and initiatives. As a Change Champion, prepares the area’s culture to adapt to and embrace ongoing, fundamental changes that will enable the business to grow and prosper.
- Leveraging the organization's commitment to diversity and inclusion to extend the company's reach in area communities
- Responsible for leading all activities and teams for a specific activity sector or geographic area in a regional segment. Leading the business to achieve economic and commercial performance and managing talent in scope. Reports to the Regional Segment Head.
- Lead the division team to deliver on our Quality of Life positioning and achieve a safe working environment that meets or exceeds economic and commercial performance targets
- Work with the Regional Segment Head to develop and implement the segment strategy within the division and more widely in the region to deliver sustainable, profitable growth and value for the company's clients
- Manage the division Sales team for the region to ensure that the new development and cross-selling development targets are met through solutions selling and development of a robust pipeline
- Manage and develop the division talent in collaboration with HR and segment leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10 years of multi-unit, support, or strategic leadership experience
- Market Industry Knowledge-University Experience Preferred
- Strong Business Agility
- Strong Operations Focus and Experience Demonstrated Fiscal Management Expertise Client/Customer Focus
- Ability to Quickly Analyze Data and Draw Conclusions
- Demonstrated Ability to Build Effective Teams
- Strong People Development Skills Diversity Awareness and Sensitivity Integrity and Trust Interpersonal Savvy
- Strong Business Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated Leadership Skills
- Negotiation, Influencing, and Problem Solving Skills
- Timely Decision Making
- Ability to Maintain a “Big Picture” Strategic View
- Demonstrated Success in Leading and Managing Change
- Demonstrated Success in Leading and Managing Change
- Ability to Work Productively in a Fast-Paced, Stressful, Demanding, and/or Ambiguous Work Environment