We are seeking an experienced Principal Android Engineer to help define, design and develop some of our key innovation initiatives. In this role, you will be responsible for working on everything from early POCs to full blown consumer facing features in Run Club and Training Club applications. You’ll lead by example, evangelize our culture, and be an advocate of new technology and development techniques. In this role you will be a key leader guiding the other engineers and coaching them along the way to ensure all engineering standards are being met. You will also be one of the key solution providers for complex new innovations being added to the ecosystem.
The successful candidate is both deeply experienced with mobile development and a team player that thrives in a collaborative agile environment. You have a proven knowledge of software engineering fundamentals and an appetite for continuous learning and collaboration. You are out in front of the latest technology trends and know how and when to apply them.
- Passion for technology and learning, a natural curiosity, with a love for delivering real-world results in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Deep hands on experience developing Android applications with a strong working understanding of Kotlin
- Strong background and passionate about writing unit tests and basic automation
- Ability to coordinate work across the various engineers, other teams, and product management
- Experience working in an agile process
- Experience designing mobile applications to consume server-based REST APIs
- Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, static analysis, and automated integration tests
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
- Ability to coach, guide, and train other engineers