View all jobs
Sr. Strategic Sourcing AgentBlauvelt, NY · Manufacturing
- Develop and execute Aerco Sourcing strategies that balance current needs with long-term direction. This includes dual sourcing and supplier rationalization
- Responsible for proactively determining and managing risks to supply and taking preventative actions to mitigate.
- Initiates global sourcing efforts to ensure minimized total cost of ownership.
- Identifies vendors able to provide products that meet AERCO production and commercial requirements. Ensures vendor qualifications in accordance with Company standards.
- Support Aerco’s Inventory reduction initiatives by driving supplier Kanban and consignment
- Support manufacturing fulfillment with escalated supplier delivery issues
- Approve standard Purchase Orders ensuring entitled pricing and preferred suppliers
- Responsible for supporting internal customers with new product development and Value add/Value Engineering projects
- Ensures the success of material and acquisition cost savings initiatives, positive supplier relations and Kanban agreements while developing second source vendors.
- Works with Quality Control on first piece inspections and on-site vendor audit/preview of vendor operations.
- Prepares contracts for purchases and blanket orders in conformance with Company policies. Reviews Purchase Order Claims, troubleshoots problems and provides resolution.
- Remains current on market prices for precious metals, and other relevant commodities.
- Support Lean initiatives which include implementing/maintaining paperless/visual supply process linking suppliers to Point-of-Use manufacturing.
- Maintains knowledge of plant’s processes, techniques, tools, and equipment.
- In collaboration with Quality, periodically reviews supplier performance and interfaces directly with poor performing suppliers in development of improvement plans.
- Controls and maintains an approved supplier list
- Bachelor's degree in Procurement/Purchasing, Supply Chain, Finance, Business Administration, Engineering
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Project and Program Management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Must excel in a team environment
- Must embrace change Working knowledge of MS Office, and db systems.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in procurement or materials management in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and Kanban systems a plus but not essential.
- Past experience with developing and sustaining global sourcing programs.
- Results driven with excellent project and time management