- Assistance in directing and coordinating all safety and health related activities for the facility.
- Promote and support the facility’s line-driven safety process.
- Assist department and plant management in achieving safety and business objective.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive safety management system. This includes providing leadership and being a resource to the Safety and Health Manager and the line organization.
- Coordinate all industrial hygiene activities including medical surveillance, air monitoring, noise, hazard communication, laser, ventilation, radiation, chemical approval, etc.
- Prevent occupational injury/illness related losses and minimize future liabilities by evaluating risks and establishing appropriate loss control/reduction activities.
- Oversee the workers' compensation claims process by establishing a thorough and aggressive system to closely manage and monitor claims (new and old) from the time they are reported until closed out.
- Coordinate the fire and disaster prevention programs including routine inspections/testing and issuance of hot work permits-acts as the Company liaison with the property issuance carrier and local fire authorities.
- Helps coordinate the ergonomics program including risk identification and countermeasure.
- BS Safety Management or related field & 2 or more years of safety and health experience or MS Safety Management or related field and minimal safety and health experience
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities:
- Tire/rubber industry exp.
- Over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
- Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
- Commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates.
- Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.