About the Company:
A leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, the have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission-critical. Our client develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Their solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most.
The Cloud Engineer position is part of a newly formed team intended to drive simplicity, reliability, and consistency across all the cloud providers we support. While consistency of our offering is a paramount, we are also tasked with enabling delivery at high velocity without sacrificing resiliency. The Cloud Engineer should be comfortable across the whole technology stack; with an understanding that spans the communication layers up through the application layer. A strong understanding of when to apply existing design patterns, or to create new ones is an important element of this role. Helping to guide teams into utilizing these new or established patterns is a key skill for this role. This position will interact with, influence and help drive change across many different teams - the individual hired will need to understand how to effectively convey information to wide-ranging audiences. Skills in public cloud management, and the ability utilize modern design principles when provisioning and consuming cloud resources are also key to success.
- Work closely with existing and new Intrado and vendor teams to help develop and drive solutions, standards, or problems solving activities with a clarity and precision
- Work with diverse teams to help document and describe end-to-end solutions, while ensuring those solutions are easily understood
- Lead and participate in business meetings to identify objectives and develop a system that will meet the company's current and future needs
- Ability to scope, write, or debug automation scripting or other software code
- Provide written and verbal communications such as status reports, progress reports and documentation for various audiences
- Lead team activities and projects to ensure quality and efficiency
- Work autonomously in a sometimes, ambiguous environment
- Continually keep up-to-date on new products, development tools, industry trends, and methodologies for incorporation into system platforms
- Serve as an escalation point for program support after implementation, which may include additional training, upgrades, or program enhancements
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field required however, equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
- Industry relevant certifications will be taken into consideration, but are not required
- 5+ years of administration (Network, Systems or Security) or development experience
- Strong understanding of public cloud platforms (Azure, AWS and Google)
- Strong automation scripting skills and understanding of CI/CD pipeline tools
- Highly effective communication skills both verbal and written as well as excellent presentation skills
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies and the ability to work in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment