As the Business Intelligence Analyst on our team, you will be on a mission to build a data platform to extract insights from information and put them to good use. You will help lead and contribute to the analytical projects and be recognized for the work you deliver. Your efforts will be critical in helping the company's Healthcare division launch its’ Thought Leadership platform – as a result, your growth potential is limitless.
The Business Intelligence Analyst role within the Healthcare Thought Leadership team is responsible for delivering market-level business intelligence both to TransUnion Healthcare’s senior leaders, sales team members, and to Healthcare clients. To be successful in this position, you must have good organizational skills, a strategic mindset and a flexible predisposition. You will also be expected to manage projects with minimal supervision.
- You will develop a strong understanding of healthcare data and how it applies to industry trends and research
- You will translate complex analytical findings into insightful business presentations.
- You will perform multiple tasks simultaneously and deal with changing requirements and deadlines
- You will develop strong consulting skills and help our sales team members become Trusted Advisors to their clients
- You will identify insights that align to the industry’s business needs and TransUnion Healthcare’s product offerings and capabilities.
- You will drive projects to delivery by performing project administrative tasks such as: creating and maintaining project plans, completing project estimates, identifying and reporting action items and risks, project status reporting, meeting facilitation and preparation of meeting notes.
- Contribute to projects involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis leveraging a variety of statistical techniques
- Dig in by extracting data and performing segmentation and statistical analyses on large population datasets (using languages such as R, SAS, Tableau, SQL, and Python)
- Manage projects and deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal customers at various levels including an executive audience
- Collaborate with cross-functional team, including developers, software architects and services, to deliver projects
- Help to cultivate an environment that promotes excellence, innovation, and a collegial spirit
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Advanced proficiency with one or more statistical programming languages such as R or SAS; advanced experience with the MS Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Deep knowledge of healthcare revenue cycle management, the data sets, transactions, and challenges facing the industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the capability to eloquently describe analytic ideas, requirements, processes and findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Highly analytical mindset with the curiosity to dig deeper into data, trends and consumer behavior
- Experience with big data platforms (e.g. Apache Hadoop) is preferred; additional experience writing intermediate SQL queries for data extraction preferred
- Previous experience with a healthcare provider or vendor in the Revenue Cycle Management market is highly preferred
- A Master’s in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, Information Systems, or an equivalent discipline