The Project / Reliability Engineer is responsible for providing technical line support to the Operations Department by examining and monitoring current production equipment and developing reliability solutions so that production lines operate most effectively and efficiently. This is achieved by performing various analyses to determine areas in need of improvement and develop reliability and maintainability solutions to overcome any production challenges. In this role, the ideal candidate will lead a team to improve efficiencies and productivity along with managing equipment upgrades and projects.
- Develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations including capacity, quality, cost, or regulatory compliance issues
- Drive the execution of improvement projects to reduce waste, increase efficiency / OEE, and throughput.
- Perform FMEA, breakdown analysis and/or root cause analysis thoroughly and presents findings and solutions to operations leadership.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors, and refines an asset maintenance plan that includes value-added preventive maintenance tasks and effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
- Advises Project Engineering team on selection of selection and application of production equipment
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who plays to win
- Working knowledge in statistical methods
- Strong analytical, leadership, and communication (both written and verbal) skills, Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong technical problem-solving skills and proven project management experience with coordination of multiple projects simultaneously
- Manages teams and is responsible for employee selection, development, mentoring, and performance management. Responsible for overall talent management and employee engagement; cultivates an environment of safety, high performance, and ethical and legal compliance; addresses employee relations issues
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 – 7 years of experience in maintenance and reliability, production management, engineering or operations (previous food industry experience preferred)