Manages the activities of the optometry department which includes quality, service, and costs. Ensures compliance with established regulations.
- Supervises the optometry staff.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures.
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization of standards. Ensures staff provides the highest quality of patient care and services.
- Manages the day to day clinical practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development. Monitors the allocation and utilization of personnel based on continual changes in member requests for appointments and provides the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Investigates and resolves member concerns regarding patient care and services.
- Supervises the daily unit operations, including human resources management, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a practicing optometrist required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in managing professional staff required.
- Graduate from an accredited school of optometry.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Current California Optometry license required.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.Must have a Natio
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care delivery processes, staffing and budgeting.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local requirements.