About the Company:
Since 1992, our Client has been committed to transforming the pharmacy care delivery model to dramatically improve outcomes and lower costs. Through the vision of the autonomous pharmacy, a combination of automation, intelligence, and expert services, powered by a cloud data platform, our Client supports more efficient ways to manage medications across all care settings. Over 6,000 facilities worldwide use their automation and analytics solutions to help increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence, and improve patient safety. More than 40,000 institutional and retail pharmacies across North America and the United Kingdom leverage their innovative medication adherence and population health solutions to improve patient engagement and adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
The Corporate Development team works on highly visible transactions. The Manager, Corporate Development is a vital member of that team by supporting the origination and execution of acquisition and strategic partnership opportunities. The role reports to the Vice President Corporate Development and is based at the corporate head office in Mountain View, CA. The position offers significant exposure to senior leaders across the company and strong prospects for career progression.
The ideal candidate will have extensive deal experience, including identification, analysis, due diligence and integration of acquisitions. The Manager should have solid experience compiling complex financial valuation models and coordinating due diligence processes. They must also have knowledge of the healthcare IT, digital health, life sciences, or pharmacy industries. The Manager, Corporate Development will be working with business units and corporate functions and must have demonstrated success working effectively with colleagues and executives.
- Support corporate development and strategic partnership projects, including performing valuations, conducting due diligence, preparing presentation materials, and performing analyses. Build DCF valuation models.
- Key roles in all aspects of M&A and partnership transaction processes. Coordinate cross-functional deal teams to assess deal opportunities by working with business units, corporate functions, and external advisors. Coordinate executive-facing activities.
- Identify and execute on key alliances to improve competitive positioning. Enhance existing product lines to capitalize on market opportunities. Add new product lines to meet customer needs.
- Support the sourcing of new transaction opportunities, including building relationships with bankers and maintaining a transaction pipeline file. Establish and manage relationships with potential strategic partners.
- Highly capable of building complex DCF valuation models.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Solid quantitative/analytical skills. Attention to detail.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (PowerPoint, Word).
- Highly collaborative, diplomatic, and influential style with the ability to create buy-in across functional areas. Strong sense of teamwork.
- Self-starting personality. Results-oriented. Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Skilled at managing tight timelines.
- Bachelors’ degree
- At least 5 years of M&A and other transaction experience at a private equity firm, in a corporate development department, or at an investment bank.
- At least 4 years of financial valuation experience, in particular, building complex DCF valuation models and conducting comparable transaction/company valuation analyses.
- 2+ years of healthcare IT, pharmacy, or other healthcare industry experience.
- Up to 25% US and international travel.
- MBA or undergraduate degree in business or finance.
- Understanding of the acute-care and post-acute care healthcare delivery environment. Experience with healthcare information technology systems, including EMR systems.
- Acquisition integration experience