The key focus areas include developing and driving the HR strategy, driving a proactive talent agenda, partnering to deliver year-over-year employee engagement improvement and streamlining HR administrivia while driving continuous improvement and compliance.
The incumbent is also expected to provide counsel and guidance to leadership across ARPNA Beverage, Global Research and Development as well as coworkers in Manchester, MI.
- Proactively lead the HR support for Beverage HQ and R&D leadership teams to deliver mission critical needs and drive YoY talent and engagement improvement.
- In collaboration with key customers, develops and executes the strategic HR plan (A3) for the location and relevant functions.
- Partners to drive year over year engagement improvement with a focus on ensuring engagement is a “daily activity” and owned by leadership. This is in addition to conducting the Global Engagement Survey, developing action plans monitoring results and engagement committee progress.
- Partners to drive year over year talent improvement with a focus on driving a talent mindset, leadership accountability and high quality talent assessments.
- Relentlessly drives for more efficiency/effectiveness in the HR processes to minimize time spent on low value add activities.
- Ensures performance management is accurate, equitable and timely; supports management in addressing performance issues on a daily basis.
- Manages compensation programs that are fair and equitable through job evaluation, wage and hour regulations, and participation in local and regional wage surveys; reviews and recommends Pay for Performance and Skill Based Pay to ensure equity and consistency
- Ensures full compliance with all relevant federal and state laws and governmental regulations and makes recommendations to mitigate risk
- Manage business unit wide projects and studies in coordination with VP HR and Sr. HR Specialist, including talent reviews, compensation, incentives, policies and procedures and special projects.
- Manages team of direct reports and is responsible for employee selection, development, mentoring, and performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in a Human Resources roles with progressively more responsibility required.
- Experience navigating a matrix organization
- Exceptional strategic thinking, problem-solving and execution capability
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to prioritize work; handle multiple tasks simultaneously; set goals and meet deadline while maintaining flexibility to reassess and prioritize goals
- Ability to deal with difficult individuals/situations while maintaining composure, using good judgment and fairness at all levels of the organization
- Ability to function as a contributing member and leader of various work teams
- Travel 25%