Our client is seeking a Facilities Life Safety Manager for a growing hospital located in Grand Forks, North Dakota. This is primarily a day shift opportunity, but the selected candidate will need to be flexible to work additional hours as needed including some weekends and holidays.
This role maintains continuous survey readiness through compliance with regulations from a number of regulatory agencies, including The Joint Commission (TJC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
The position will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the Environment of Care Program, which includes safety and security management, fire safety, hazardous materials and waste management, medical equipment, utilities management and emergency management.
Manage and maintain EOC and life safety compliance:
- Coordinate the Environment of Care, Safety, Security, Emergency Preparedness, Medical Equipment, Hazardous Materials and Waste Management, Life Safety, and Utilities as they directly relate to the health care setting and the overall environment of care.
- Identify risks based on regulatory interpretation and other methods, and apply to policy creation.
- Oversight of EOC in efforts to maintain high standards of safety, regulatory compliance, maintaining documentation of findings and improvements.
- Participate in incident investigation to identify causal factors.
- Monitor potential and actual environmental hazards. Participate in root cause analysis.
- Recommends remedial and corrective action.
- Provides technical guidance to management, surveyors, and other appropriate parties regarding occupational health and safety-related problems regarding accreditation standards.
- Develop and implement educational programs for EOC regulatory readiness.
Policy and Procedure Support:
- Provide policy and procedure interpretation and education as it applies to the EOC, Life Safety, and Emergency Management Plans.
- Conduct research and applicable regulations/standards concerning workplace safety and integrate findings into policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Maintain the EOC policy and procedure repository and revision process.
- Maintain and continuously improve Management Plans, including the EOC, Life Safety, and Emergency management plans ensuring that compliance with regulatory standards and implementation at the health care system.
- Maintain regulatory readiness documentation, ensuring system is in compliance with regulatory standards and that they personnel are trained and ready for regulatory inspections.
- 5+ years of experience in safety management, facilities management or quality improvement within a healthcare facility.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager (CHFM) preferred