24 Week Contract Position
Start: May 11. 2020
The Medical Payment Associate Accounts Payable II is responsible for ensuring all provider payments are processed in accordance with company policy and regulatory requirements. This position will work with various departments to coordinate payment cycles, upload the various data files, communicate discrepancies to appropriate departments, reconcile output, prepare the weekly cash flow trends, reports and perform the MHC/QNXT month end financial processes.
Provide payment dispute resolution to inquiring parties including to but not limited to performing check tracers, stop payments and reissuing of checks, will also provide stop less adjustments to provider accounts on as needed basis.
- Responsible for the cost of care check processing cycles by line of business. All cost of care payments are produced accurately and timely. This includes paper and EFT. (30%)
- Responsible for ensuring all related documents are enclosed with appropriate payments. Products are mailed to correct providers with accurate documents attached in a timely basis. (15%)
- Responsible for the preparation of all cash related documents. Reconciles MHC/QNXT weekly and monthly reports as they pertain to the payment cycles and the MHC month end financial processing. All reports are reconciled accurately and timely. All reports are distributed timely. MHC month end perform accurately & timely. (15%)
- Responsible for the coordination and accurate uploading of the multiple data files representing payment data into MHC and QNXT. All input and output files reconciled and correctly upload. (15%) All electronic files are maintained and categorized correctly. Proper data management is practiced so that all e-files can be easily accessed. (5%)
- Maintains hard copy provider files and folders. All files are accessible and organized in a timely basis. (5%)
- Special projects. Projects are produced accurately and timely. (5%)
- Perform other duties as assigned. (10%)
- High School Diploma/or High School Equivalency Certificate
- 0-6mths years of experience in a fast-paced office setting with familiarity and proficiency with a computerized environment, particularly working with databases and producing reports.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, good knowledge of Microsoft excel and word.
- Ability to multitask.
- Accounts payable or Accounting experience in a health plan environment preferred.
- MHC knowledge a plus.