Start: May 11, 2020
Duration: 31 Weeks
Option to Extend
We are currently sourcing for a Cloud Engineer to work at Fidelity in Durham, NC!
Mainframe transformation to cloud. Will be working on new application writing and deploying new app in cloud. Strong development / programming background w/ Java. THIS IS NOT A DEV/OPS role. Dev/ops is fine to have as a skill but not the primary skill set. Don’t need someone from infrastructure side. Strong AZURE cloud is must.
- Use business knowledge to translate the vision for divisional initiatives into business solutions by developing complex or multiple software applications.
- Work independently with minimal guidance from architect and management.
- Work with project manager to ensure that assigned work is completed efficiently, meets business requirements, stays within scope, and is delivered on time.
- Develop code, unit tests, integration tests and functional tests etc. for software applications.
- Define/code build definition and deployment pipelines.
- Create ARM template for Azure resource creation.
- Create various architectural diagrams to articulate technical designs.
- Participate in requirements gathering and scope estimation meetings.
- Participate in functional/technical group discussions with analysts and developers under minimal supervision
- Recommend development testing tools and methodologies and reviews and validates test plans.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior resources on the team.
- Work closely with fellow developers, both onshore and offshore
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in development and deployment of APIs/RESTful services
- A deep understanding of Microservices, Service-oriented and Event driven architectures.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience using one or more cloud platforms like Azure, AWS and GCP. Azure is preferred.
- Proven hands-on experience with latest technologies like Docker containers, Kubernetes, Serverless etc.
- Desire/ability to learn and implement new technologies.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Expertise in building and working with APIs/RESTful services
- Strong understanding of the cloud computing and experience in migrating applications to the cloud
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Helm etc.
- Experience with creating CI/CD pipeline using Azure DevOps and/or Jenkins.
- Experience creating infrastructure as code to provision cloud resources using ARM templates, Terraform etc.
- Working knowledge of application development with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Expertise in Agile development methodology with exposure to play Full-Stack engineer role in a Scrum team.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities